- Human scientists employed by Friends of Humanity to work on anti-mutant things
- Lower-level workers on Rykers (janitor, barkeep, groundskeeper, cook, etc.)
- Non-BHers living and/or working on Rykers
- Teachers for Xavier's School or Xavier Institute
- Criminal kiddies for Fagin's Gang.
- Private security working in the Upper East and Upper West Sides
- Citizens who have lost homes, businesses and loved ones in the raging battle
- Brotherhood techs to work on the rogue Sentinels
- Police, fire, ambulance, etc. workers - either embittered or burned out trying to save this place
- Corrupt police
- Anti-mutant gang members and leaders
- Business owners who have managed to keep their doors open, either through creative or questionable methods.
- Drug dealers and ravers who hang around the East Village
- Well-meaning bohemians, hippies and artists hanging around the West Village, Greenwich Village, or Chelsea
- People who profit off of exploiting mutants and their gifts
- Well-intentioned idealists who want to clean up the city, open outreach programs, and save the warring factions from themselves
- Street people, homeless and runaways
- Journalists, photographers, investigators and bloggers
- Members of the prominent right-wing political family, the Milthorpes (talk to Penny!)
- Teenagers in general, whether affiliated with Xavier's, Fagin's, or independent.